Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trading for Some Quick Cash

Today was a day for selling on Wall Street and I decided to join in on some of the profit taking. I put in orders to sell half my position in Univeral Insurance (UVE), I'm keeping the rest for the dividend payout. I also sold British Petroleum (BP) and Veolia Environmental (VE) for quick cash profits.

I will be investing most of the money from the above sales in 3 energy limited partnerships:


EV Energy Partners LP (EVEP) Recent Price $21.91, Dividend/Yield $3.01/13.70%

Encore Energy Partners LP (ENP) Recent Price $15.93, Dividend/Yield $2.00/12.80%

Regency Energy Partners LP (RGNC) Recent Price $13.05, Dividend/Yield $1.78/13.70%


All three have fantastic dividend payouts, so I could be holding them long-term, depending on whether the payouts hold up. They were also attractive in the sense that I believe there is room for quick short term growth in stock price. So it's possible I could be trading them off for quick profits, depending on how the price moves. Whatever I decide, I'll be sure and post the results as they happen.

No comments: