Monday, June 1, 2009

GO WISCONSIN!

By now you've probably heard about the class of fifth graders in Wisconsin who won the state-wide Stock Market Game. In 10 weeks they more than doubled their imaginary $100,000 portfolio ending with $203,000. Not only did they beat out all the other school kids, but most professional investors as well. We should all do so well.

What a great program for school kids. I have 3 great nephews in the Wisconsin school system. Just got back from visiting them in Eau Claire. I'm happy to know that they live in a state that values the importance of educating young people in finance. If you've never been to Wisconsin, I would recommend visiting. I really enjoyed my stay there and of course I had to pick up some cheese to bring back with me. My only regret was that I didn't have more time to visit.

No comments: