Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So Far, A Terrific Tuesday!

Monday was good to everyone in the stock market, with over a 200 point increase in the Dow. I was a little worried today when I saw stock futures were lower, although I have to admit I expected that to happen after such a good day yesterday. As it turns out though, both of my accounts are up, so I'm feeling pretty good about my stock picks right now.

My Top 10 Holdings and Percentage of Portfolio:

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) 21.6%
British Petroleum (BP) 9.1%
AT & T (T) 7.1%
BDMXX Money market account 5.8%
Veolia Environmental (VE) 5.1%
AFLAC (AFL) 4.6%
Euroseas LTD (ESEA) 4.4%
Merck and Company Inc. (MRK) 3.9%
General Maritime (GMR) 3.3%
Sysco Corp. (SYY) 3.3%

I'm thinking I probably need to sell a few shares of UVE to decrease my exposure, but I may increase other holdings instead, which would reduce the percentage of UVE in my overall portfolio. I think at the current price, UVE is still a good buy. They seem to be a very well run small insurance company with a promising future.

My money market account is not usually in the top ten holdings. I currently have extra cash due to recent stock sales. I'll be re-investing that money soon.

No comments: