Friday, June 5, 2009

Lackluster Friday, But Not a Bad Week

Not much news as far as the stock market goes today. None that really caught my interest anyway. The new jobless claims were lower than expected, but I'd really like to see overall unemployment numbers improving. Would like to see the economy improving to the point that employers were hiring again. Overall though, it hasn't been a bad week for me as far as my investments go. I made some trades that were quite profitable (the last half of my UVE stock I'm selling with a 101% gain) and I've identified some shares I'm buying in to that I believe will do well. See: http://thebluecollarinvestor.blogspot.com/2009/06/trading-for-some-quick-cash.html So it really hasn't been a bad week for me.

Last spring I did an experiment in trading equities. Although I prefer long term investment, along the lines of Warren Buffet's long term, I did quite well with trading small cap stocks. As an investor, the more you learn, the more you earn. I feel comfortable with my knowledge of the stock market and my stock picks at this point and feel that I'm ready to make short term trades for quick cash. I am limiting the amount I allocate for short term trading and will report on how it goes in future posts. I think the market is in for a rough ride throughout the rest of this year, but I believe there are always opportunities to make money. You just have to look for them.

No comments: