Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No One Has All The Answers

I recently read a post on another investment blog which I thought was very insightful and informative. Following the post was a comment from one of the readers criticizing the suggestions as too simplistic and suggesting that they would not work. First of all, the article was only meant to be taken as a guideline, or starting point. There were a lot of practical suggestions for setting criteria when choosing stocks for investments. The critic said it made them angry when people say that if you follow their suggestions, you will be a successful investor. I read the post and I saw no such claim, so I'm not sure what they are harping about.

The bottom line is, no one has the perfect system for investing. If they did, I doubt they'd share it so freely. The reason that I write about investing is to share my ideas, not to suggest that everyone else follow what I'm doing. Hopefully the reader will find their own path to success at building wealth and if anything I suggest helps them, great! Any time I read anything about investing, I try to apply the material to my situation. Many times I find something useful, sometimes not. What I have found is that the more you know, the easier it is to adjust your investments to help reach your goals. So I keep reading, applying things I learn and sharing some of the more successful approaches with others. Feel free to follow my advice or ignore it all together.

No comments: