Wednesday, July 31, 2013

THIRD QUARTER DIVIDENDS UP OVER 75 PERCENT!

Dividend cash flow for the first month of the 3rd quarter are up over 75% over the first month of the second quarter!  This is thanks in large part to continued monthly cash investments and re-invested dividends.  The third quarter looks like it's going to be a good one, but I'm expecting big things in the fourth quarter as far as dividends are concerned.  There seems to be some concern about a "Santa Clause correction" in the market around December of this year, which may or may not happen.  If there is a correction, I plan on viewing it as a buying opportunity and a chance to add to my positions while prices are low.

Just got the results of my latest cholesterol test and they're looking good.  The diet and exercise along with the weight loss are starting to pay off with improved numbers.  I think this may be the first time my LDL cholesterol was below 100.  My cardiologist should be pleased.  

Looking in to ways to cut my monthly expenses to build up cash for purchasing a place to live.  I'm very determined to accomplish this goal before the end of 2013.  Want to be in my own place by December, which really doesn't leave me much time, but I think it can be done.

Had a great conversation with a young guy at work about investing and some of the different strategies I've used over the years to make money in the stock market.  It made me think of some things I should be doing now to help raise money for buying a house.  So I'll be putting some of these ideas into play in the coming months and will write more about it then.

No comments: