Friday, July 5, 2013

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Want to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July
celebration!  The month of July has started off with a
bang!  Dividend income from my investments is already
more than double the first month of the first quarter of
2013.  Comparing expected dividends from this quarter
to the first month of the second quarter, I don’t expect
to income to double over second quarter results.
However, by current estimates, dividend income for the
third quarter will be up over 60% when comparing
July to the month of April.

Got a surprise dividend from HWBK.  I wasn’t
expecting a dividend from them at all in the month of
July.  Not only did I recieve a cash dividend, but they
also paid a much larger stock dividend, so it was a very
pleasant surprise for me!  Thanks HWBK!

Got a little surprise by CRF as well.  CRF pays a
generous monthly dividend, but I didn’t expect any
dividends from them until this month.  As it turned out,
they paid a dividend to my account on June 28th, so got
a little more than I was expecting for the month of June.

The investment plan I started at the beginning of 2013
seems to be working out better than any strategy I’ve
used in the past.  It’s simple, relatively stable and easy
to keep up with.  I think I’ll be sticking with what
works, don’t expect to make many changes anytime
soon.

No comments: