Thursday, July 11, 2013

PAY YOURSELF FIRST

Do you really want to get ahead?  Do you want to be
well off or even rich one day?  You just need to do this
one simple thing and you can make it happen.  What
one thing am I talking about?  Pay Yourself First!
You’d have to have lived your life under a rock to not
have heard of this before.  Most people know you’re
supposed to pay yourself first, but not many people
really practice it.

It’s how I’ve been able to make great strides in
rebuilding my investments, while making half the
money I did before.  How do you really “Pay Yourself
First”?  You do it by taking your money off the top
before you pay anything else.  I do not have a strict
budget, even though most financial “experts” would say
that’s exactly what I need since I live on such a small
income.  However, I know that most people, myself
included, do not stick to budgets, so I work around it.  I
pay myself first by automatically transferring money to
my investment accounts every payday and living on
what’s left.  It really is that simple.  If you don’t have
the money in your account, you will find a way to live
without it.  So if you truly pay yourself first, you don’t
have to budget to have money left over for savings.
Your savings come off the top.

As time goes by, and you figure out how to live without
the money you transfer automatically to you
investments, you’ll also find ways to increase the
amount you set aside.  So if you’re tired of working
hard and never having anything to show for it, try this
one simple idea.  You’ll be glad you did.

No comments: