Thursday, October 1, 2015

FIVE DIVIDENDS TO KICK OFF THE MONTH OF OCTOBER

Kicked off the month of October with five dividend payments.  Have to say I'm a little bit disappointed, although not so surprised, to see NCZ and PHK cut their dividends.  I'll be monitoring both closely, but for the time being, I have no plans to sell.  Both carried high yields and high risk, but even with the dividend cut, they're still worth hanging on to for the monthly dividends.  That is, as long as there aren't any more cuts.  But I knew the risk going in and I'm still willing to hold for the dividends, but I'll be collecting them all in cash.

October is an 18 dividend month, so I should still do well.  Especially looking forward to collecting my first dividend from DON on the 31st.  I'm feeling really good about this investment.  Plan on adding more shares as soon as possible.  Also feeling pretty good about my investment in AOD, but I did notice something disturbing in their last semi-annual report that's making me question my decision there.  Just have to see how things pan out going forward. 

Picking up extra hours at work today and tomorrow, so I should have a little more cash to add to my investment fund or pay down debt.  I'm really planning on attacking my remaining debt for the rest of 2015 and all of 2016.  I don't really have much debt compared to the average U.S. citizen, but it's more than I want to carry.  So I'm going to be concentrating on paying off as much as I possibly can.  The savings from interest alone would allow me to boost my investments dramatically.

No comments: