Wednesday, September 30, 2015

INCREASED TOTAL SHARES OWNED BY 70%!

While the third quarter may not have been so great performance wise, it was a good time to build up my portfolio for future income.  Recent cash investments increased the total number of shares held in my portfolio by 70%!  Monthly cash income from dividends increased dramatically and lowered average price per share on some of my current holdings, increasing yield and positioning my holdings for a quicker recovery when the market takes off again.  Don't know when that will be, but I'm hoping it stays down for a while so I can add additional shares at the lower prices.

Ended the month with 6 dividend payments from AOD, CLM, CRF, GLW, UTG and SPHD.  In a move to build up cash, I'll be taking dividend payouts from CLM and CRF in cash for the foreseeable future.  Also taking payments in cash from NCZ, PSEC and PHK.  With the remaining stocks and funds I'll continue to reinvest all dividends.  Looking forward to first of the month dividends, which should include increases from some of my recent share purchases.  Should see the full benefit of increased income from recent share purchases in the month of October.  December should be the best month of 2015 with a whopping 20 dividend payments!  I'm thinking it will break my all time one month record set in July of this year.  September was the second highest month for dividend income.  So even though total value of my holdings is down, the third quarter of 2015 has been pretty good as far as I'm concerned.  When you concentrate on income, it's a lot easier not to worry so much over the every day ups and downs in the market.

No comments: