Thursday, September 10, 2015

USED UNEXPECTED BONUS FROM WORK TO BOOST MONTHLY DIVIDENDS ANOTHER 10%!

Was fortunate to receive an unexpected bonus from work today.  I considered using it to pay down debt, but my boss said I should buy something for myself.  So I took her advice and invested the bonus in additional shares of NCZ, a monthly dividend bond fund.  I figure this way I'll get a bonus every month from now on.  The additional shares purchased will begin paying in October and will boost monthly cash flow by 10% on top of the 10% boost this month from two additional investments.  I already had a plan in place to boost dividends by 10% in November and December and I'll stick to that plan.  The bonus just allowed for additional increase in monthly cash flow.  Re-invested dividends continue to grow monthly cash flow by 1%, so during the last four months of 2015, I'll have boosted monthly cash flow by a whopping total of 44%!  While total monthly dividends are still quite small, with gains like this, they won't stay that way long.

While I'm excited about the increase in cash flow, I'm even more excited by the fact that these three purchases boosted total shares owned by 25%!  This doesn't include shares purchased through dividend re-investments, which continue to add about 1% per month to total shares owned.  While 1% may not sound like much, it's extremely gratifying to see my portfolio and income increase month after month all on it's own.

Collected two more dividends this week, from LLY and CNP.  For the month of September, I'll collect a total of 17 payments, still have 10 to go!  

No comments: