Wednesday, October 28, 2015

HOW I BOOSTED PSEC DIVIDEND INCOME BY 150%!

I took advantage of one of the recent dips in stock prices to double my investment in PSEC.  By buying in at the lower price, I not only bought more shares than my original purchase, I also boosted the monthly dividend by a whopping 150%!  Warren Buffet has always said that your buy in price makes a big difference.  I've always known that was true, but it surprised me how much difference it can make.

The best part about the whole transaction is that I got in before the ex-dividend date, so I'll see the first boost in dividends in November.  November is also the month I collect the first dividend payment from MAIN, so it will be interesting to see what the new monthly income turns out to be.  Of course I could calculate the amount ahead of time, but I like being surprised.

Just read an article on Bing about CEO's retirement benefits.  The writer acted surprised that they stand to collect such extreme amounts during retirement.  I don't know why anyone would be surprised by that.  Almost every annual report I've gotten from every company I've ever invested in, there's some kind of vote on executive compensation (usually to increase it).  While they may not be so concerned about company performance or taking care of the shareholders, they certainly don't drop the ball when it comes to their own pay.  These are the same people who just can't figure out how to give hourly workers a raise.

No comments: