Sunday, October 25, 2015

MY CURRENT TOP TEN DIVIDEND STOCK HOLDINGS

I thought it was time to update my top ten holdings list.  This does not constitute investment advise in any shape or form, simply for informational purposes.

 1.  AOD  Alpine Total Dynamic Dividend Fund.  Current price $8.04 with a dividend yield of 8.58%.  Pays monthly.

 2.  UVE  Universal Insurance Holdings.  Current price $36.32 with a dividend yield of 1.10%.  Pays quarterly.  (Because my original buy in price was much lower, the current yield on my original investment is 8.2%)

 3.  DON  WisdomTree Trust Mid Cap Dividend Fund.  Current price $82.75 with a yield of 1.74%.  Pays monthly.  (Showing a profit on DON in less than a month.)

 4.  NCZ  AllianzGI Convertible and Income Fund.  Current price $5.69 with a yield of 12.13%.  Pays monthly.  (Recently reduced dividend.)

 5.  PHK  Pimco High Income Fund.  Current price $8.33 with a dividend yield of 14.90%.  Pays monthly.  (Recently reduced dividend.)

 6.  LLY  Lilly (Eli) and Company.  Current price $78.51 with a dividend yield of 2.54%.

 7.  GE  General Electric Co.  Current price $29.51 with a yield of 5.12%.

 8.  MAIN  Main Street Capital Corp.  Current price of $30.05 with a yield of 6.39%.  (Showing a profit on MAIN in less than a month.)

 9.  NYCB  New York Community BanCorp.  Current price of $18.95 with a dividend yield of 5.28%.

10.  CRF  Cornerstone Total Return Fund.  Current price of $17.65 with a dividend yield of 22.1%.  (Like the dividend from CRF, but it's performance otherwise has not been good.)


My current yields on several of these stocks are much higher than the current yield, since, like UVE, I bought in at much lower prices.  The thing I found most interesting when compiling this list is that the original 4 stocks I bought when setting up this portfolio are all still in the top ten.  (UVE, GE, LLY and NYCB)  Of course I consider all 4 core holdings, but I haven't bought any extra shares since my initial investment in each of these stocks.  In fact I sold several shares of UVE and it's still No. 2 in the top 10.  Warren Buffet says a good investment is one that continues to grow earnings and increase in value without any additional cash investment.  These 4 stocks all qualify in that regard.

No comments: