Sunday, October 4, 2015

DON IN THE BLACK!

Less than a week after purchasing a stake in DON, I've already earned my commission back and am ahead on the stock!  Makes me think I made the right decision on this one.  I'll be looking for similar investments in the months to come and will be adding to my stake in DON.

Anytime you invest in a stock and make a profit in less than a week, it's a pretty good sign that you've bought the right stock.  Over the years, I've managed to do this on several occasions and have never been disappointed for holding on to the investment.  

On a different note, attended a chili festival this weekend in the small town of Lupus Missouri.  It's located next to the Missouri river and has a population of 33.  They hosted a very nice festival with some good food and great music and there were probably well over a thousand people there.  I was told that they hold this festival every year to pay the city's expenses.  In one day, they earn enough money to cover city government expenses for the entire year.  It made me wonder, if this little town in the middle of nowhere can figure out how to raise the money to cover all there expenses in just one day per year, why can't the politicians in Washington?  I think the answer is, they're too busy politicking. 

No comments: