Monday, December 15, 2014

CRUDE OIL, HOW LOW CAN IT GO?

There seems to be a lot of hoopla over the price of crude oil.  As the price drops, the stock market has dropped along with it.  Seems like a lot of people are concerned about how oil prices will affect future growth.  I can remember oil prices being as low as $39 a barrel and there was a lot of concern over it at that time too.  Guess what, everything turned out just fine and it will this time too.  Sure maybe some of the weaker players in the oil business will go under, but that's the name of the game.  Certainly no reason to panic and flee the stock market in general.

I'm kind of excited about the whole thing myself.  Prices are dropping, so it's cheaper to buy quality stocks I'd like to own.  Lower gas prices at the pump mean it's easier for me to come up with the money to buy the stocks.  Reduced costs to business such as utility companies, trucking companies, waste management, UPS or anyone else who would benefit from lower fuel costs, means it will be much easier for these companies to make a profit.  As far as I'm concerned, now's the time to ramp up buying, selectively of course.  I want bargain prices on income producing stocks with a history of increasing dividends.  That's what the plan is for 2015, adding some dividend aristocrats to my portfolio and boosting positions in some of my current holdings.  Have no plans to sell anything, but I'll be buying as much as I can afford while the prices are low.

No comments: