Saturday, September 13, 2014

WELLS FARGO'S BIG MOVE TO BOOST REVENUES

Just read that Wells Fargo (WFC) is making a big move to boost revenues by investing 100 billion dollars in asset management firms.  Right now it's just speculation as to which companies they'll be investing in, but it's a good move on the part of corporate directors, since fee income generated from assets under management is sure to boost the bottom line.

This move to change is on the heels of a slow down in regular earnings, so it's nice to see they're taking action to protect shareholders interests.  I've been a shareholder in WFC for quite some time and consider it one of my core holdings.  It is also a large holding in more than a few of my mutual funds, so I have a vested interest in future earnings.  I'll be watching to see how their plans unfold.

No comments: