Sunday, June 12, 2011

SUNDAY SAVINGS OF OVER 50% AT WALGREENS!!!

Sunday, June 12, 2011:  Made my Sunday morning trip to Walgreens, which is rapidly becoming a ritual with me.  As long as I keep finding great deals, I'll keep going.  On today's trip I saved over 50% off my bill with sale items, store and manufacturer coupons and register rewards. 

I spent $29.12 out of pocket in two transactions.  I got a total in savings of $29.23 with $3.00 in register rewards to use towards future purchases.  On this trip I picked up snack items, soft drinks and coffee, body wash and bath soap, paper towels and facial tissue, lip balm, toothpaste and toothbrushes, bandages and antibiotic cream.  I bought multiples of each item, so I'm stocked up for quite a while.  Looking forward to next week's advertised specials from Walgreens!

One thing I've noticed since I've started couponing:  Even though I thought I'd never build up huge stockpiles of products, I have stocked up enough groceries, household and personal care items that I could go quite some time before having to buy anything else.  Which could come in very handy should some unexpected expenses, (like car repairs or trips to the doctor), pop up.  Even if that doesn't happen, having these items on hand allows me more time to build my coupon collection and look for big money saving deals.  I'm now beginning to see how the people on TLC's "Etreme Couponing" manage to get so much for so little.  But even if I never get to that point, I'm pretty happy about saving 25% to 50% on a regular basis.  It allows me to live a much better life while spending a lot less money. 

No comments: