Friday, June 3, 2011

MY SOURCE FOR FREE PRINTABLE MANUFACTURER COUPONS

I've written a lot lately about my use of coupons as a money saving tool but I haven't talked much about where I get my coupons.  You can do a search and find several sources on the internet for free printable coupons, however, the one I use most often and the one I think has the best deal is by far the coupon section on Sendearnings.com (see link at top of page).  Sendearnings is a shoppers rewards program that I've been involved with for quite some time now, but it wasn't until recently that I took advantage of their printable coupons.  Boy was I missing out!  For each coupon you print and redeem, they pay an additional 10 cents to your Sendearnings account.  Now 10 cents may not sound like much but when you start using coupons for purchases the way I have (I try to have a coupon for EVERYTHING I buy) then it can really add up quick.  So you save money by using the coupons, then you get paid an additional 10 cents for every coupon you redeem, what could be better than that?  It does take about 3 months for the coupons to go through all the processing so you get the credit to your account, but once the payments start, you'll have a steady stream of small credits to your account as a bonus for saving with the coupons you use.

I've found I save the most when I build up a stockpile of coupons and match them up with the sale items in the weekly store fliers from our local newspaper.  I look for items on sale that I normally purchase or would like to try, match up coupons with advertised sale items and make my shopping lists.  When I find a great deal on laundry soap, body wash, shampoo or cleaning supplies, I stock up on those items while I can get the best deal.  It may sound complicated, but it really isn't.  I usually clip the coupons I like from the coupon insert in Sundays paper, check the coupon section on Sendearnings and review the coupons I have on hand, then I go through the store ads and make out my shopping lists.  I clip the coupons to the lists for each store and I'm ready to shop.  I do all this in about an hour on Sunday mornings while I'm drinking my coffee and when I've got my lists ready I make one trip and hit all the stores to pick up the deals.  It's pretty exciting to see how much more you can get with the same amount you normally spend and sometimes with a whole lot less!  I'm definitely hooked on couponing!!!

No comments: