Tuesday, June 14, 2011

OPINION POST: 2012 GOP PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEES

Opinion:  I've been seeing a great deal in the news lately about possible GOP nominees for the 2012 Presidential election.  Historically it's been very difficult to defeat an incumbent President during presidential elections.  If the Republicans hope to have any chance of defeating Obama in 2012, they're going to have to come up with nominees with broad appeal to the American public.  

For president I'd say Texas Governor Rick Perry is a good bet.  Personally I've never met anyone from the state of Texas that I didn't like, so I may be a bit biased here.  Still, from a political standpoint, I think he'd stand the best chance of beating Obama in 2012.

As for vice president, 4 possibilities come to mind.  First and foremost, I'd pick Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal.  Perry and Jindal have both proven themselves as leaders of their respective states, experience that is sure to come in handy when dealing with national issues at the presidential level.

As for the other 3 possible nominees, I'd have to go with Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio and Sarah Palin, in that order of preference.  Mitt Romney as a seasoned politician with a great deal of experience and a wholesome family oriented appeal.  Marco Rubio for his appeal to the Hispanic community and Sarah Palin for her appeal to women voters and tea party activists.  

I know there are a lot of people who would disagree with my picks, but like I said, it's my opinion.  We'll just have to wait and see who gets nominated and who actually wins the election.  Personally I'd like to see Perry and Jindal in 2012.  

No comments: