Sunday, July 3, 2016

SPECIAL STOCK DIVIDEND FROM HWBK 5 TIMES NORMAL DIVIDEND!

As a dividend investor, I'm always on the lookout for stocks with special dividends.  HWBK has paid a special stock dividend in July for every year I've owned the stock.  So far the stock dividend has been 4% of the value of shares owned.  The value of the stock dividend I received this year was over 5 times the actual cash dividend.  It's like a hidden bonus, since these type of dividends are not included in reported dividend yields.  I also receive a special dividend twice a year, in June and December, from monthly dividend payer MAIN.  MAIN is the only stock I know of, that pays 14 dividends per year.

Put in an order to purchase PDLI for my ROTH account July 5th.  As I mentioned before, this is a highly speculative move since the stocks' been down for quite some time now.  However, I think they'll turn around and the money I put in is a very small portion of my overall portfolio, while the possible payoff could be quite large.  The additional shares will double my current holdings in PDLI and double the quarterly dividend as well.  

No comments: