Friday, July 8, 2016

BIG GAINS IN MONTHLY DIVIDENDS SINCE DECEMBER 2015!

As part of my mid-year review of my investments, I did a comparison of December 2015 to June 2016 dividend payments.  Here are the results:

SPHD -- Payments are 12 x's what they were at end of 2015!

PSEC -- Up 25%.

PHK -- Up 100%!

PDLI -- Up 400%!

NCZ -- Up 25%.

CRF -- Up 10%.

DON -- Up 100%!

AOD -- Up 20%.

HWBK -- Up 100%!

The smaller gains can be attributed mostly to reinvested dividends, while larger gains represent additional cash investments on my part.  The list above is only a portion of my actual investments, however, dividend income from all of my investments increased from the end of last year.

While these type of comparisons don't do much to improve my performance as an investor, they do provide a great deal of motivation to stick to the plan.  I'm very happy with results from the first half of 2016 and am excited about the next 6 months.  If last year's results are any indication, I can expect to see an increase of 50% in dividend income for the last 6 months of the year, compared to the first six months.  I'm hoping to boost that up some by making additional cash investments between now and the end of the year.


No comments: