Friday, February 19, 2016

TOOK PROFIT FROM NYCB AND REINVESTED TO BOOST MONTHLY CASH FLOW 7.5%!

Due to sliding share price and recent cut in dividend payments, I decided to sell my stake in NYCB and take the profits to put to work elsewhere.  While I still have exposure to NYCB through stock fund investments, I thought the money invested in the individual stock could produce more income elsewhere.  I ended up purchasing shares of PHK for my IRA account with the proceeds from the sale.  This will boost overall monthly dividend income by a whopping 7.5%!  However, I did get my order in too late to collect the dividend for March, so I'll collect the first dividend payment starting in April.  

This sale fits in with my plan to pare down total number of holdings to 20 stocks and funds.  I may make some additional adjustments as the year goes on, most likely in the IRA account, since I'm trying to avoid any taxable events in my regular investment account.  Any sales and re-deployment of cash will be with a view towards raising monthly cash flows.  Want to boost dividend income as much as possible this year.

No comments: