Saturday, February 27, 2016

FEBRUARY DIVIDEND INCOME UP OVER 33% COMPARED TO 2015!

Just collected the end of the month dividend payments for 2016 and was excited to see month total was up over 33% compared to February 2015!  While I was expecting it to be higher, I never would have guessed it would be such a big increase over last year.  

This has made me even more excited, going in to the month of March, with it's 23 dividend payments.  I'm sure it will be out last March in total income, but it will be interesting to see just how much it has gone up.  Dividends for March will get a boost from this month's purchase of additional shares of AOD and PHK.  

I hated to part with NYCB, since I'd held the shares for so long.  However, the move was in line with my plan of replacing stocks when they cut their dividend.  I still came out with a modest gain, even with the share price being down and after accounting for commissions.  By putting the money in a monthly dividend payer, I've also boosted total monthly cash flows by a significant amount.  So I believe I made the right decision.

Finally got all my 1099's, so I'll be working on taxes next week.  

No comments: