Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SALES ARE UP, STOCK INVESTMENTS FLAT

Flea market sales on Saturday the 23rd were good, a little better than the week before.  We're getting a better feel for what sells, so I'm expecting sales to continue to increase.  Had some good sales on Ebay and Craig's List as well, so it's been a pretty good week. 

Went to a local auction on Sunday and placed my first ever bid at a live auction.  I've bid in online auctions before, but this is the first time I've ever bought anything at a live auction.  Still trying to get the hang of understanding the auctioneers, but I'm getting there.  Got a great deal on a mixed lot.  For $1 I bought a nice Hoover vacuum cleaner with all attachments, a fold up stroller and a plastic tub.  I wanted the tub for packing flea market merchandise, so I got my money's worth from just that.  I figure I can sell the vacuum for at least $10 and whatever I get for the stroller is just icing on the cake.  Looking forward to buying more at the next auction on July 4th!

My stock investments were pretty much flat for the week.  I did collect dividends from 2 of my investments, but while prices are down I'm reinvesting all dividends to increase my holdings in current investments.  Not really looking to purchase any new investments until I get my business going good and have a steady income.  Currently I'm just making my monthly IRA contribution and reinvesting dividends.  As my income from the business picks up, I'll be looking to add new investments to reach my goal of a dividend payment for every day of the year.  That whole strategy is on hold for the moment.

No comments: