Thursday, June 28, 2012

FLEA MARKET MERCHANDISE FROM YARD SALES

It continues to amaze me how many new items I find at yard sales for my flea market booth.  While Thursdays tend to be not so great for yard sales, I usually manage to find something good.  Today was no exception.  While I didn't find a great deal of merchandise, I did find a couple of Pur 3 stage water filtration systems, new in the box.  They normally sell this system at the local big box discount store for $28.  I bought both systems for a total of 50 cents!  I figure I can easily sell these for at least $15 each, so my original investment of 50 cents turns in to $30!  You don't get that kind of return very often, but it's great when you do get it!

Got a lot of sales to go to on Friday.  We're in the middle of an extreme heatwave in Missouri right now, so I'm hoping it will keep the competition away from the sales.  On the other hand, I'm hoping the heat won't keep the customers away from the flea market on Saturday.  I don't think it will, since there were more people there last weekend than I've seen before and it was the hottest weekend we've had since we've been going to the flea market.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: