Saturday, May 7, 2011

WEEK IN REVIEW

We ended the week down a bit in the stock market, but the bright side of that, for me anyway, is my order for Chimera doesn't go through until Tuesday, so I'll be getting more shares at a lower price.  Which also means that I'll be earning a higher yield on more shares of stock, so it's making the buy a little less risky. 

Got a little over a 5% raise from work, nothing to get too excited about but it will add to the amount of money I have to invest going forward.  Starting next month I'll be adding the extra cash to my savings and investment accounts, along with the money I'm saving from using more coupons and rebates on purchases.  So that should help boost the balances in my accounts by the end of the year. 

Got some great news yesterday from the attendant where I buy gas for my car.  He told me the price of gas should be dropping by 26 cents a gallon within the next couple of days, so I'm waiting to fill up.  A drop of 26 cents a gallon should save me considerably on fuel costs.  With the money I'll be saving on gas for my car, I should be able to pay the lower electric bills for my apartment.  This time of year, the electric bills are usually a lot less since I've stopped using the heat and haven't yet had to turn on air conditioning.  My current bill is only $25, only 1/4th the $100 that I normally budget for utilities.

No comments: