Thursday, May 5, 2011

SAVED 30% ON HOUSEHOLD SHOPPING WITH COUPONS!

I've recently been rediscovering the joys of shopping with coupons.  Back in my 20's I used coupons and rebates, almost fanatically, to stretch my hard earned dollars.  As I got older and started earning more, I kind of got away from using coupons so much.  But with the economy in the shape it's in and my own personal finances greatly reduced from a lower paying job, I've started using coupons a lot more. 

Today I planned my shopping for household and personal care supplies before I visited my local Wal Mart store and made sure I took along as many coupons as I could find for items on my shopping list.  While I'm in no danger of scoring a guest spot on the TV reality show about extreme couponers, I did save over 30% on my total bill.  I also used coupons from Sendearnings.com and will get an additional 10 cents for each coupon redeemed from their site added to my account.  Ten cents is not much, but by using coupons regularly I'm thinking it will add up to quite a bit over a years time.  Whatever it amounts too, it's basically free money!  

I need to get the oil changed on my car Sunday and will use another coupon from Sendearnings to save an additional $10 from Jiffy Lube.  The purchases I'm making with coupons are items and services I'd be purchasing anyway, so why not take advantage of the savings by using as many coupons as I can?  A dollar saved is like earning $2 because you've already paid all the taxes on the saved dollar.  Should help to build my savings and investment accounts faster than I anticipated.   

No comments: