Sunday, May 29, 2011

MY CONTINUING ADVENTURES WITH COUPONS

Today I set out with the objective to save at least 50% overall on my purchases which included a Sonicare toothbrush as a birthday present, snack foods that would have been free or 50% off and some personal care and household cleaning products.  While this weeks' Sunday paper did not contain a coupon insert, I had a good supply of manufacturers coupons from previous editions and from Sendearnings.com's coupon section (Free sign up, see banner ad this page).  When I use the coupons I print from Sendearnings, I also get an additional 10 cents added to my account for each manufacturers coupon I redeem.

What I actually got, (since I discovered "the early bird catches the worm" and I was too late by 10:30 am), was the Sonicare, some Campbell's soup and some Listerine mouthwash.  Although I was disappointed not getting the other items, I was happy to save nearly 50% off on the Sonicare which I got for $39.99 compared to the regular price of $74.99.  I saved about 25% on the Campbell's soup and got $1 off with a manufacturers coupon on the Listerine with a $1 register rewards coupon for my next purchase for a savings of 20% on the price of the mouthwash.  I didn't quite get my 50% off total purchases, but I still did quite well, especially when you consider that on the highest ticket item I saved $35 which was a large enough savings in itself to more than pay for my other purchases.

Next time around, I'll know to head out earlier for advertised sales.  Maybe then I'll get there before they've cleared the shelves! 

No comments: