Monday, May 30, 2011

FREE STUFF FROM WALMART!!!

This morning I broke my coupons, made up my shopping list and headed to my favorite Wal Mart Supercenter.  I had a list of 9 items total, consisting of food and personal care items.  Had coupons for everything except bread, so I saved a total of 20% or $7.25 on my total bill.  Again, this doesn't sound like much, but for the $7.25 I saved I got a sandwich loaf of wheat bread, a bottle of Ivory Aloe body wash, a bottle of Suave body wash and a 24 pack of Lipton ice tea bags.  While the coupons themselves were for 35 cents to $1 off of each of the items I purchased, the total savings paid for 4 out of the 9 items I purchased, which is a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned.

While I may never be able to purchase $800 worth of groceries for $6, I spend a lot less time on my couponing and shopping and am very happy with the results so far.  On my way home I took advantage of a great coupon offer from Family Dollar for 10% off my total purchases there as well.  So it turned out to be a great day of shopping!  This is a learning phase for me and I'm looking forward to greater savings to come...

No comments: