Sunday, May 8, 2011

CREATE YOUR OWN CASH MACHINE!

No I'm not talking about some get rich quick scam, I'm talking about a dividend stock portfolio.  About 5 years ago, I switched from a strategy of investing in "growth" stocks to investing in dividend paying stocks.  Couldn't be happier with the results!

Since that time I've managed to accumulate positions in 24 stocks in my regular taxable account and 9 stocks in my IRA account.  Of the 24, three pay monthly dividends and the rest pay dividends each quarter, for a total of 120 dividend payments per year or an average of 10 per month.  In my IRA account I hold 8 stocks which pay quarterly and 1 which pays every 6 months, for a total of 34 dividend payments per year.  Combining the 2 accounts, I receive a total of 156 dividend payments a year or an average of 13 dividends per month.  Granted some payments are quite small and some I have reinvested, but think of the wealth building power of getting paid 13 times per month!!!

If all this weren't enough, I continue to add to my holdings through dividend re investments and regular monthly cash contributions to my account.  In 5 years I've managed to create a "cash machine" that continues to churn out more money month after month!  Eventually it will far surpass my earned income and I will be free to work or not to work.  What could be better than that?  (#340)

No comments: