Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today's Stock Trades

After receiving such generous payouts from my investments in master limited partnerships, I decided to add to my investments. I sold my stake in AFLAC in my taxable account (still own the stock in my IRA), for a 39% gain and will reinvest the money in 2 MLP's. I currently own shares in Legacy Reserves L.P. (LGCY) and Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP). I am dividing the money evenly between the two.

Legacy currently has a yield of 13.08% on their recent price of $16.01 per share. Ev Energy has a yield of 14.60% on their recent share price of $20.70. Both currently have sufficient earnings to continue or even increase payouts. This should help boost my dividend income on my overall portfolio, while reducing risk. With the tax advantages on payouts, it should be a good move toward building my investment portfolio.

I will be looking to take further gains on some of my other stock holdings and diverting that money to MLPs in the months ahead. My plan is to have 25% of my taxable portfolio invested in MLPs by next year.

No comments: