Monday, August 17, 2009

MY FAVORITE QUOTE OF THE DAY!

My favorite quote for the day comes from an article in USA Today's Money section. In an article entitled:

Review: Americans' appetite for debt did them in.

They quote Charles R. Geisst, a Manhattan College finance professor and former investment banker, when talking about "craven financial firms making euphamistic lures to consumers."

"A credit card offers $10,000 of credit, not debt. It has a friendlier ring," he writes.

If we all switched to thinking "debt cards" or "debt limits", instead of credit cards and credit limits, I believe we'd be a lot less likely to use them. It's easy to say, "I'll put it on my credit card." But wouldn't you think twice if you said to yourself, "I could add it to my debt?"

Send me One Million FREE Guaranteed Visitors

No comments: