Friday, August 28, 2009

Flat For The Week

Looks as though both my stock account and my IRA will end flat for the week. No real gains, but no losses either. Bought shares in BP, LGCY and EVEP from profits off the sale of AFLAC shares. Sold my shares in Advance America (AEA) for a 20+% profit and will be using that money to buy shares of Pengrowth Energy Trust (PGH) early next week.

Don't have big plans for the weekend, the weather is kind of rainy here. Thought I would sit down and go over my retirement plans. When I retire, instead of buying a condo or renting, I thought I'd buy a 4 plex apartment building, live in one apartment and rent out the other 3 for extra retirement income. I don't really plan on managing the building, although I probably will do the yard work as long as I'm physically able to, since I like that kind of work. I like the idea of having more than 1 or 2 sources of income when I retire. If you have money coming in from multiple sources, it only makes sense that you're more likely to have a comfortable retirement.

At any rate, have a great weekend everyone!


No comments: