Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hurricane Bill


I have to admit to feeling a bit slighted by the fact that no one, in my rather extensive family, has ever named one of their children after me. But I'm happy to say, I'm over all that now, since the National Weather Service has named a hurricane after me. O.K., so I know hurricane Bill is not really named after me specifically, but it's pretty cool anyway.
Glad to know it's most likely headed away from the U.S. mainland. Wouldn't want my namesake doing any real damage. Especially since I have money invested in Universal Insurance (UVE), who insure property in Florida and some of the other southern coast states. Would hate to see them get hit with big casualty claims.
Although the market was up today, traders seem convinced that there will be at least another 10% correction before the market can really start to move higher. Jim Cramer seems to think the correction is over:
“Every argument the bears had for selling,” Cramer said, “has been totally rebutted by this great market.”
Read more of what he had to say at:
Finally, as I've suspected all along, a recent report says: "Less than one in ten tweets have any real "pass-along value" and more than 40 percent of tweets are “pointless babble,” a study by the research firm showed." If this is the case, and the posts are called tweets, does that make the people who read them twits?

No comments: