Thursday, May 31, 2018

MAY BEATS PREVIOUS DIVIDEND EARNINGS RECORD BY OVER 10%!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I expected May 2018 to set a new record for dividend income and I wasn't disappointed.  It not only set a new record high for monthly dividend income but it beat out the old record by over 10%!  In a year over year comparison, the income for this month was nearly double that of May 2017!  While I wish I could see that kind of improvement every month, I'm not really expecting as much for the rest of the year.  I expect gains will be much more moderate, as my efforts to squeeze as much dividend income from my investments have pretty much gone as far as they can at this point.  From now on, increases will come mostly from re-invested dividends and whatever extra cash investments I make.  Still, I'm very happy with the results of my efforts for the first 5 months of the year.  

Collected 12 dividend payments for the last day of the month.  Will collect several more payments tomorrow to kick off the month of June.  All the rearranging I did in my investment accounts had an unexpected benefit, in that it spread income payments out more throughout the month.  I'm now getting more middle of month payments and more payments between first, middle and last of the month.  I suppose it doesn't really matter when you get the money, but it's kind of nice to have some coming in every week.  While I collect 502 dividend payments per year now, most of them were paid on the first, 15th and last days of the month.  Now I still get the big paydays but also get 3 or 4 smaller paydays interspersed throughout the month.

Made an extra $50 this month on Swagbucks!  That doesn't sound like much, I know, but you should see how much faster my charge accounts are dropping since I've been using Swagbucks earnings to pay off my old debt.  I knew it would help, but I'm amazed at what a difference that little extra payment has made in eliminating debt.  I'm pretty excited about it.  Once I finish paying off my bills, I'll go back to investing all the extra money I earn through Swagbucks.  If you're interested, you can sign up for free!  Just click on the Swagbucks link in my Link Exchange on the right side of the page. 

No comments: