Wednesday, June 13, 2018

SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO ASK FOR MORE

At the first of 2018, I asked myself how I could make more in dividend income.  Just asking the question got me looking at ways to earn more per month and I've been able to increase monthly dividend income by a considerable amount without adding any additional cash out of pocket.  Then I asked myself how I could pay down my old debts and cut the high cost of interest charges every month.  That got me looking for ways to accomplish this and I've made considerable progress in that direction as well.

Monday of this week, I met my boss at the door to her office and asked for a raise.  I had very good reasons to ask for a raise, I never miss work, I'm highly trained for my position and I always do more than is expected of me.  Unfortunately, the company I work for is not very forthcoming with raises.  So I took the initiative to ask for a raise.  I figured I have nothing to lose, either I'll get it or I won't, but it's a sure bet that if I didn't ask, I was not likely to get one.  Didn't get a definite answer to the affirmative, but I got things moving.  They're submitting a request for a raise to the corporate office.  We'll see if it works out.

So now I've been asking myself how I can increase sources of income outside of work, without taking on another job.  Not that I'd mind working part time at another job, but my health just wouldn't permit it.  So it's time to ask what can I do and forget about what I can't do.  I'm making 6% of my income outside my job at the present time.  Three percent is in the form of dividend income, the other 3% comes from money I earn over the internet.  Since asking myself how I could come up with other sources of income, I've had several ideas.  My goal is to boost income outside of work to 10% of total income by the end of the year.  All this just took a little thought on my part and I began the thought process because I asked.

No comments: