Friday, June 15, 2018

PAYING OFF DEBT

A couple of months back I got really angry about the amount of interest I was being charged each month on my credit cards and charge accounts.  So I decided it was time to get serious and work out a plan to pay them off for good.  So I started with the highest interest charge account.  I've been paying my regular monthly payment and making 2 additional payments each month with money earned from swagbucks.  I've already got the balance down low enough that the two swagbucks payments would actually pay the monthly bill.  I'm going to continue paying the three payments per month for a couple more months, then I plan to finish paying the bill off with swagbucks cash and divert the $70 per month I normally pay on this bill towards paying off the next bill.  Once I have the second bill out of the way, that frees up $180 per month to rapidly knock out the third bill.  I'll just keep repeating the process until they're all paid off.  At the rate it's going, I'm estimating it will take two and a half to three years.  

Once all my charge accounts are paid off, I really only need to work 3 days a week to cover all my regular monthly expenses.  Most likely I'll continue to work 5 days a week and add the extra money to my investment accounts.  While using all available income to reduce debt, my investment accounts continue to grow through 401k deposits each payday and the 502 dividend payments I receive each year.  It's exciting to see my debt levels dropping instead of increasing!  

If you'd like to earn a little extra cash to invest or payoff debt, I highly recommend Swagbucks.  You can sign up by clicking the link in my Link Exchange on the right side of this page.  It's free, it's easy and you can make some cash!

No comments: