Wednesday, June 27, 2018

LAST STOCK PURCHASE THROUGH CAPITAL ONE

Just put in an order to make my last stock purchase through Capital One Investing.  I'm buying a stake in NRZ for their 11%+ yield and intend to hold on for the long term, as long as their earnings hold up.  This will increase monthly dividend income by a little over 1%.  Not a huge increase, but it all adds up.  Don't know how I'll feel about Etrade, I'm taking a wait and see approach right now.  If I don't like it, I'll switch my accounts to TD Ameritrade.  

My place of employment has become really unstable due to poor management, so I've been looking at options outside my job for earning an income.  I restarted my resale business, which is doing good so far and am considering launching a service type business involving computer upgrades.  More on that to follow.  Due to ongoing health issues, I'm not really sure how much longer I'll be able to work a regular 40 week, so I've been exploring my options.  Would love to see my health improve so I could move on to another job, but I'm beginning to think that just might not happen.

I think there's a lot of instability in the markets going forward, so I've decided to take some money off the table by collecting all dividends in cash.  I'll be holding the cash in an interest bearing account and waiting for future opportunities to put it to work.  While this will slow the growth of my investment portfolio to an extent, I'll still be adding more through my 401k at work.  


No comments: