Thursday, July 5, 2018

SDIV REPLACES NRZ AS MY FINAL STOCK PURCHASE WITH CAP ONE

After doing a little more research on Etrade, I decided I may leave my account with them after it's transferred from Capital One.  With that in mind, I looked up a list of their commission free funds and identified two monthly payers with high yields and low price to earnings.  So I cancelled my purchase of NRZ and put in an order for SDIV instead.  Once my account transfers to Etrade, I'll be able to purchase additional shares of SDIV commission free!  Not to mention this initial stake will increase monthly dividends by over 1%!

Once my account is transferred and I have the DRIP plan in place, I'll also be purchasing shares of SRET.  It's a REIT with a yield of 8.4% and a P/E of only 9.49 and pays monthly dividends as well.  In order to have more cash on hand, I'll be taking all dividend income from my taxable account in cash.  I'll transfer that to an interest bearing account to hold for a rainy day or in case some incredible opportunities should pop up in the future.  As for my retirement accounts, I'll be mostly reinvesting dividends, although I think I'll make an exception for the bond funds and take those payments in cash.  

At the beginning of the year, I certainly didn't expect to make so many changes.  However, sometimes change is good and you got to roll with the punches, especially where the stock market is concerned.  So I'm excited and optimistic about the changes.  I think there could be some real opportunities here to take my investments to the next level.

No comments: