Friday, May 25, 2018

BECOMING FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT

Over the years I've come up with several ideas for becoming financially independent,  which to me means I only work because I want to, not because I have to.  My most recent idea was to get 1,000 referrals to swagbucks who average making $25 each per month (which is easy to do by the way).  Then my referral income of $2,500 per month would mean that I could stop working anytime I wanted to.  In my case, I don't need a huge income to live on, so I could live quite comfortably on that amount.  While I may never get to 1,000 referrals the idea here is to keep coming up with ideas until I figure out one that I can make work.  Had I done this when I was younger instead of putting all my energy into working at a job, I'd most likely have succeeded by now.

The whole point I'm trying to make here is, there are any number of ways to become financially independent.  You could do it by saving and investing, starting your own business, building a better mouse trap or creating a popular new app.  Whatever the case, you just have to figure out how you're going to do it.  So far I haven't been able to make any of my ideas come to fruition, but that doesn't stop me from trying or from coming up with new ideas.  In my case, I've noticed that even my failed ideas are not really failures.  When I was an ebay seller, I didn't make a fortune but I made money.  I make money from my investments every month, even though it's not enough for me to live on.  I make money from swagbucks every month.  I made money when I bought a rug doctor and cleaned carpets and I made money when I was running a flea market booth.  So, even though none of these ideas actually got me out of the work force, I did make money on all of them and am better off because of it.  Now I just need to come up with an idea that works.  Hopefully you can too. 

No comments: