Thursday, May 17, 2018

MAY 2018 TO SET NEW RECORD FOR MONTHLY DIVIDEND INCOME!

As I suspected, last month's record for dividend income didn't last long.  A quick calculation for the month of May reveals, dividend income will set a new all time monthly record!  While I'm very happy about this, here again, I don't expect it to last long.  The current month has a total of 40 dividend payments, while June has 42 and July 44.  So it looks like there may be one or two more new records set in the next couple of months.  This is especially gratifying when you consider the market hasn't done so well this year and I've added very little new money to my investments aside from my 401k.  (401k dividends are not counted with the rest of dividend income since TransAmerica does not report dividends to account holders.)

No further news on Capital One's transfer of our investment accounts to Etrade.  It's kind of put a cramp in my usual investment style.  Finally decided the forced sale of fractional shares for the account transfers would only really affect my taxable account at tax time, so I stopped all dividend reinvestment to that account and continue reinvesting dividends in my IRA and Roth IRA.  Holding off on deploying any cash out of pocket until I've finally gotten my accounts transferred to TD Ameritrade.


No comments: