Thursday, February 1, 2018

FEBRUARY KICKS OFF WITH 11 DIVIDEND PAYMENTS!

The month of February started off great with 11 dividend payments, including my first dividend from JPS!  Since stock prices are still down and most of my dividend payments were invested in more stock, I was able to pick up some shares for less.  Also have a couple stocks in my taxable account paying out cash, so the cash balance in my savings account jumped by 10%!  How's that for a great first day of the month?

Going forward, even though February is a short month, I'll collect a total of 41 dividends this month.  With 11 today, I'm looking forward to another 30 payments before the end of the month!  Should get all my tax documents in by the 15th so I'll be able to prepare my income taxes.  I'm going to invest my refund in shares of EVV for my IRA account.  Right now they're selling at a discount to net asset value and they're quite near their 52 week low.  With monthly dividends and over a 7% yield, I think it will be a good place to park my tax refund this year.

No comments: