Tuesday, February 27, 2018

FEBRUARY DIVIDEND INCOME UP NEARLY 80% OVER FEBRUARY 2017!

Just finished comparing cash flow from dividends for the month of February 2018 to that of 2017 and am pleased to report nearly an 80% increase!  This is largely due to increased investments throughout 2017 and reinvested dividends along with dividend increases from some stocks.  Dividends for February also increased 4% over January of this year, even though I received one less dividend payment this month.  

AGNC and QYLD played a large part in increased monthly cash flows.  Just completed the purchase of more shares in AGNC, at the lower price, to reduce my average price per share.  May use my tax refund to add additional shares of QLYD, although it's not as easy for me to buy because of some odd rules my investment company has in regards to the purchase of their shares.  Not really sure why they do it, but I can only purchase shares of QYLD by placing a limit order.  However, it worked out very well with my initial purchase, so I'm not too concerned about doing it again.  I can always add more shares through reinvested dividends, which I did today with their first dividend payment.

Although the stock market can't seem to decide which way it wants to go, I'm not too concerned as long as monthly cash flow keeps growing.  As long as stock prices are down, I'll be able to add more income producing shares with available cash and reinvested dividends, so I wouldn't mind if it lagged for the rest of the year.

No comments: