Wednesday, February 7, 2018

HOW MANY TIMES A YEAR DO YOU GET PAID?

I decided it was time to re-calculate the number of times per year I get paid.  With my latest stock purchases my dividend payments per year went up to 532!  I get paid from work 24 times per year (twice per month).  Then I collect interest payments 12 times per year on my bank accounts.  I also collect 24 payments per year from my little internet side gigs (Swagbucks and Bing).  So you add that all up and I'm collecting a whopping 592 payments per year!  

While I live on my income from work and it's still my largest source of income, dividend income increases every single month.  I may or may not get a raise from work this year, but I know I'll get at least 12 raises from my dividend stocks due to reinvested dividends.  All the negative Nancys always say, "Well eventually you'll have to start collecting the dividends in cash and it won't be going up anymore."  Yes that's partially true.  However, I have 4 separate investment accounts.  So I can draw the dividends in cash from one or two of those accounts and keep reinvesting and growing the income on the rest.  No matter how you look at it, getting paid 592 times per year is a very good thing!    

No comments: