Tuesday, March 6, 2018

DOUBLED DIVIDEND INCOME FROM GLAD!

Just used a portion of my tax refund to purchase more shares of GLAD, effectively doubling monthly dividend income.  Purchased shares in time to collect my first dividend on the new shares by the end of the month.  I decided to invest tax refund money in GLAD because they make more than enough earnings per share to cover their dividend of 7 cents per month and the price had dropped since my initial purchase.  Buying shares at the new lower price also reduced my average price per share and increased overall yield!

Kicked off the month of March 2018 with 11 great dividend payments on the first!  Still have 35 more dividends to collect, for a total of 46 for the month.  I'm currently reinvesting all dividends, with the goal of increasing monthly cash flow and total shares owned as rapidly as possible.  Don't have any plans to add any new stocks in the immediate future, but I'm always keeping my eyes open for a good deal.  I look at anywhere from 20 to 40 stocks per week, but I've gotten very picky about what I buy in to.  Still have some shares which haven't really panned out the way I expected, but they are still paying and I'm in no real hurry to replace them.

No comments: