Wednesday, January 31, 2018

JANUARY DIVIDENDS UP 33% OVER 2017!

Collected a whopping 14 dividend payments on the last day of January 2018!  Compared to January of last year, dividend income for the month is up by over 33%!  While that's not as much of an increase as I've seen in past years, it's still pretty amazing.  Looking forward to a big jump in year over year earnings in February as well, with the first dividend payment from AGNC.  This monthly dividend payer alone will increase total cash flow by over 5% per month!  

Looks as though the stock market is reacting favorably to Trump's state of the Union address.  I'm seeing nice increases in share prices on the majority of the stocks I hold.  Whether or not anything the President says or does helps the stock market, I think we're going to see an overall increase in the market again this year.  Whatever happens, I'm confident I'll see a big increase in monthly cash flow from dividends by the end of 2018.

I've decided to sell my stakes in ORA and PFE for a small gain on both and reinvest the cash in QYLD.  This will significantly boost monthly dividend income and I'll still be invested in ORA and PFE through some of my other fund holdings.  My intention when I bought the shares was to hold them for capital gains and collect the dividends along the way.  While my gains on both stocks after commissions is only a little over 10%, I'm satisfied with that and looking forward to increasing monthly income and getting involved with covered call trading through QYLD.  I'll hold off on the sale of PFE just long enough to collect their next dividend payment, which still gives me time to buy QYLD and collect a dividend from them in February.    

No comments: