Monday, January 8, 2018

SELLING BLW, BUYING AGNC FOR AN 82% BOOST IN MONTHLY DIVIDENDS!

I was less than enamored of BLW to begin with and wasn't excited by anything I read in their latest report.  So I decided it was time to part with the fund and will replace it in my IRA account with AGNC.  Both pay monthly dividends, but by reinvesting the cash in AGNC I will boost monthly dividend income from dollars invested by a whopping 82%!  I'm not just chasing after yield here, since I believe that AGNC's share price will also outperform my previous stake in BLW.  This trade will also boost overall monthly dividend income by around 2%.  While that may not sound too exciting, all those little percentage increases add up.

Still tossing around ideas to come up with some extra cash to start trading covered calls.  Haven't quite decided how I'm going to do that yet, but I'll think of something before the year is over.  

No comments: