Friday, September 1, 2017

SEPTEMBER 2017 OFF TO GREAT START WITH 11 DIVIDENDS!

While the month of August didn't generate any new records, the month of September looks promising.  Collected a total of 11 dividend payments on the first day of September, with 31 more to follow!  Was happy to see my first dividend from INTC and PFE, since adding them to my portfolio.  Looking forward to many more to come from these two.  

No major plans for this month, although I have put into play an idea I had for increasing overall yields while lowering average price per share.  I followed the effect reinvested dividends had on average price per share and naturally, when prices are rising reinvested dividends increase average price per share, lowering dividend yields.  So my idea was to only reinvest dividends in stocks who's prices have gone down and collect cash dividends from stocks showing price increases.  While, on the face of it, this may sound like a bad idea, since I'm reinvesting in stocks who's prices are dropping and not buying more shares of stocks showing a profit, I think it will work out in the end due to the fickle nature of the stock market.  I've invested long enough to know that prices go up and down frequently, with seemingly no real rime or reason.  That being the case, why not pick up more shares when the prices are low and stop buying when the prices are high.  If some of my shares jump way up in price, I can always sell and collect cash profits in lieu of future dividends.  Since initiating this plan two weeks ago, my cash balances have doubled in all three of my personal investment accounts.

While August didn't set any new records, I am pleased to report my total number of shares owned has increased by 46% from the beginning of 2017 to the end of August!  Average monthly dividend income has also increased by over 40% during the same time frame!

    

No comments: