Friday, September 29, 2017

SEPTEMBER 2017 SETS NEW RECORD FOR DIVIDEND INCOME!

The month of September set a new record for dividend income, beating out the previous record set in July of this year, by a little over 2%!  Total number of shares owned increased by over 2% from the end of August, through reinvested dividends and additional cash purchases.  It's been 5 years since I started rebuilding my investment portfolio after suffering a couple of heart attacks and spending all my savings on medical bills.  I continue to be amazed at how well it's all going!  At the current rate of accretion, I should surpass the value of my old portfolio in less than two years!  Dividend income will surpass income from the old portfolio by the end of next year.  Couldn't ask for anything better than that.

For the end of the month I collected a whopping 15 dividend payments!  What's even more exciting is, the first of October it happens all over again!  Talk about keeping a person motivated.  The whole process is really starting to snowball now, with monthly dividend income up over 35% since January of this year!  I sometimes think I should try something different to maybe gain a little edge, but at this point, I believe I'm better off sticking with my original plan.  You really can't argue with the results.  I set out to build a portfolio that would throw off a bunch of cash each month and that's exactly what has happened.  So I'm going to keep the ball rolling.  

No comments: