Friday, September 22, 2017

COLLECTED 15 DIVIDENDS IN THE PAST 7 DAYS!

It's been a great week dividend wise, with 15 dividend payments received during the past seven days!  That's whats so exciting about dividend investing, the money just keeps rolling in.  Whether I take the cash or reinvest it, I just keep collecting more and more each month!  With recent stock purchases, I'm up to a total of 481 dividend payments per year or an average of 40 dividends per month.  While most of the dividend payments are still pretty small, the monthly total is a significant amount.  It's already enough to cover some of my monthly bills.  Just got to keep growing the payments through reinvested dividends and additional cash investments and I should be doing quite well by the time I retire in 5 years.

The 401k is moving right along.  While total return for 2017 is only around 1.39%, twice monthly payroll contributions have increased total account value quite nicely.  This is really my wild card account.  While I got to pick where to invest my money, I have very little control over the account otherwise.  So whatever it eventually grows to, it will have involved very little effort on my part.  Hopefully it does well.

I'm about to collect another $25 from Swagbucks, which I'll divert to my investment account.  I'd like to add a third monthly dividend stock purchased with money made from Swagbucks.  I like the idea of creating streams of income from money earned outside my regular job.  This is money I've earned from working online at home.  It would be great to see more income from sources outside my regular job.  So I'm working to make that happen.   

No comments: